“Common points” – International meeting for cultural politics
Date and time: 16 November, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Working language: English with Bulgarian translation
Place: Goethe-Institut Bulgaria
Addres: 1 Budapest Str., fl. 2
Moderator: Yuriy Vukovski
Presenters: Christophe Knoch (Germany, speaker of The Independent Art Scene in Berlin)
Thomas Fabian Eder (Germany, coordinator Distribution and Marketing – Performing Arts Program Berlin; coordinator International Relations – Performing Arts Festival Berlin)
Susanne Chrudina (Performing Arts Festival, Berlin, Germany)
Grzegorz Reske (Konfrontacija festival, Lublin, Poland)
Bettina Sluzalek (Radialsystem, Berlin, Germany)
In Physics an “energetic” electric field shows the potential energy of a point positive charge with one unit in a given point in the field.
Within the “Helmet Ball” we are charged on the wave of discovering and explaining the cross-points and quantities in the development of the cultural politics for the independent creative stage.
The potential of the electric field of the independent stage will gather representatives of independent arts and various institutions. The meeting will seek the cross-points not only among the different art spheres but also among culture, education, tourism, regional politics and other important aspects for the development of social life.
The meeting will take place in three consecutive stages in the following order:
- Presentation of successful and problematic examples from Europe (11.00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.) Lunch break (12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Working groups in Open Space format (1.30 p.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Presentation and discussion of the results of the 3 working groups (4.15 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
The focal points would be:
- Point of the potentials’ sum: Opportunities and perspectives for the youngest professionals in the arts’ sphere;
- Vibration point: Monitoring of the cultural strategies and the possible mechanisms for control and participation in their creation and delivering;
- Point electric charges: Coalition of the independent creative stage; International and national mobility.
With the special participation of the ACT Festival 2016 international guests.