Open Call: Bridging the Scenes #2
May 28 – June 2, 2019
October 18 – 24, 2019
Open Call: Bridging the Scenes #2
Application deadline: Monday, 6th of April 2019.
ACT Independent Theater Festival Sofia and the Berlin Performing Arts are coming closer together!
With Bridging the Scenes the festivals offer a special exchange opportunity for interested members of the independent performing arts communities in Sofia and Berlin. The program provides space for encounter, common experiments and visions!
ACT Independent Theater Festival is presenting recent productions from the local performing arts scene and invited shows by international guests alike. Each year in the fall, the festival is carried out in several venues across the city by the ACT association for independent theater.
Bridging the Scenes presents six artists and/or production managers from Sofia and Berlin with the opportunity to participate in both festivals. On the introductory day (the first day of both festivals) with workshops and presentations, the participants get to know each-other as well as the respective local scene.
During the entire time of the festival, the participants discover the aesthetics and working methods in each country. They attend the discussion events in the schedule of programming for visiting industry professionals and benefit from the diverse networking opportunities provided by the Festivals, entering into exchange with Berlin’s and Sofia’s independent performing arts community. A local expert will guide them through the experience and support their exchange and networking. The group will have daily informal morning meetings with the local Guide.
The ambition of Bridging the Scene is to establish long-lasting collaboration between the participants, their professional inclusion in the European independent scene and to develop possibilities for coproductions, common projects and performance exchange between Berlin and Sofia.
After the pilot version in 2018, Bridging the Scenes has evolved to offer a special exchange opportunity. It aims to further establish the connection between the independent performing arts fields in Berlin and Sofia.
Young to mid-career professionals (i.e. artists, producers and production managers) with no more than eight years of working experience from the independent performing arts communities in Sofia and Berlin are welcome to apply under the following conditions:
- The participant counts him- or herself to the contemporary independent performing Arts Scene
- The registered address of the participant is in one of the two cities.
- The participant confirms to have time to visit Berlin from May 28 – June 2, 2019
- The participant confirms that he has time to visit Sofia from October 18 – 24, 2019
- The participant has a justified interest in, or previous professional connections to the other country
- The participant is willing to live in a shared Flat with the other participants
- The participants should have a good command of English language.
- After the festival, all participants are asked to submit a written report about their Festival observations, experiences and outcomes (1800 signs).
For the application, we kindly ask for a short biography (max. 800 signs) and an explanation of why Bridging the Scenes fits your interest and what exactly you are particularly interested in. The required documents need to be written in English.
Application deadline: Monday, 6th of April 2019
Please send your application to the following E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The project is realized with the support of Goethe-Institut Bulgaria